Homework (19/02/18 - 23/02/18)
*If your child is using a homework pass can you remind them to write that in their homework copies or wherever they are doing homework so that when I'm correcting I know why they didn't do that part.
English Reading: Ch 11. Under the Hawthorn Tree
English Writing: Sheet on Ch. 11 Under the Hawthorn Tree (full sentences)
English Writing (homework copy): Children are to write a diary entry from the point of view of Michael about what has happened in the past few days.
Important features to be included in the children's writing:
- More than 1 copy page.
- Full stops and Capital letters.
- Spelling (As good as possible)
- Descriptive language.
- Describing feelings and emotions.
What children could write about:
* Describing hunger and thirst.
* The heat during the day - describing burnt land.
* Michael's idea to help them out/
* The differences between travelling at night and during the day.
*All about the events of the day in Ballycarbery.
English Spelling and Irish spellings in spelling folder:Spread words evenly across the evenings if you can.